the LOST ones


Ryder Alexander Jhonson-Mommy & Daddy's Little Angel Baby Boy Soldier. xoxoxo.

Ryder was a true blessing. I was 37 weeks when he was born. He was born on May 10, 2009 at 7:06 AM weighing 6 lbs. 10 oz. 17 inches. He was early. He wanted to be born on Mother's Day! That Made Mommy Very Happy! We went home on Tuesday, May 12, 2009. At 5 days of age he was rushed back to the hospital. This was May 15th. He stopped breathing! I went along, and called his daddy at work. I told him: "Hon, we're going to the hospital. Ryder Stopped BREATHING!!" He immediately hung up and rushed to the hospital. We were at the hospital for 20 minutes when he came. He rushed to the ICU where Ryder and I were waiting for him. Ryder was in the incubator with all these tubes on him. It broke us apart. He battled, and he battled. He was always was so cute. It just took it all out of him...the fighting. He was a true soldier. He made it so far. He looked so tired, that was the problem. I didn't want him to be tired any longer. So, on May 19, 2009 at 5:27 AM, we decided to let him go. He was unhooked off all those tubes. He opened his eyes, and he had a tear slide down his cheek, so did we. I guess he knew he was going to go. We held him, and hugged him, told him how much we loved him, and how much we would miss him, and that if he ever wanted to come back, we'd be here with arms wide open. At 5:30 AM on May 19, 2009, he silently and calmly passed away. He still had that tear in his eyes, and they slowly came down, as he shut those beautiful eyes to never open them again. He was gone...he died. We are totally devastated right now. It's not fair! But, we would have rathe rhad him in our lives for the 9 days we did, than no time with him at all. We are so blessed to have an angel watching over us. He died of a late and serious diagnosis of RSV. He had a terrible case of it, he was lucky to live 1 hour our doctor told us. He told us: "He is defanetly a true soldier. He fought so hard." He gave us hugs and told us how sorry he was for losing him. We just cried and hugged him. My nurses came in later, and told us the same thing. We just cried and hugged them as well. I wen thome that day. I was rushed back to the hospital on May 21st. I had passed out. I am better now, though. I am ok. I came back home on may 22nd. His funeral was Saturday, May 23, 2009. He was laid to peaceful rest at 5 pm. There was a 2-hour visitation that day, also, until his burial services. So, where to go to now. Well, don't know. Still grieving and all. I just need to relax. We all do. Thank-you for reading my baby boy's story. -Ryder's Mommy & Daddy. REST PEACEFULLY OUR LITTLE SOLDIER. XOXOXOXOXO ALWAYS AND FOREVER.

By Mommy.


<< Back to Stories